Thursday 6 August 2015

Shibella Updates

 Here is Shibella, yes I am staying with her full name, being coaxed out from under my bed on her first day home.
 You are a big girl Shibella.  Shibella is 11 years old and is a pedigree British Shorthair and I have her papers. This type of cat does not meow and doesn't like to be picked up. But as I am writing this she is rubbing against my legs and I think she likes me.
 Here is Shibella ignoring the cat grass and cat mint I bought for her.
 Also ignoring the cat tower I bought.
 But wait... now she is on the tower.
 Now on the table.
 Trying out the back of a chair with no regard for anything Royal she might be sitting on.
Shibella eats well and uses the litter tray. Although she is a short haired cat she has a double coat which needs grooming but we are still getting to know each other so that will wait. Shibella please sleep on my bed tonight and not under it.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat and such a cute round head ! It will take some time until she is fully used to her new home, unfortunately she can't tell you where she had lived before ! Be happy to have a cat who doesn't meow ! I can send you a record of Pookie's 12 h meowing ! Fortunately during nights she is quiet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if Shibella is slowly making herself at home. I don't think it will take long for her to realise how lucky she is to live with a devoted cat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Shibella is so cute, Sylvia ... and I'm sure the two of you are going to be best friends !
    Hope she will sleep on your bed ... :-)
    Have a nice day,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a beauty but I think she has definite attitude. I see fun times ahead for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope Shibella eventually allows you to pet her and have her sit on your lap and sleep on your bed....Our first two cats were very affectionate, but neither Topsy or Tiger have been lap sitters. Tiger follows me everywhere and smooges my legs, but doesn't like being picked up and cuddled - the best part of having a fur baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you have a companion. May you have many happy days together learning about each other. Thinking of you and I hope you received my emails.

    ReplyDelete