Tuesday 21 April 2020

Queen Elizabeth II Celebrates her 94th Birthday

 Happy Birthday Ma'am and if I were to be invited to your birthday lunch I think I would wear this dress. I know we are both in lockdown but I can dream. Bought on eBay this dress is expertly made and fully lined and  has never been worn. Love the fabric and no it would not fit me.
 The fabric is sort of Andy Warhol design.
 Similar to the pics in the book I have.
 I've been lucky enough to add a few hand embroidered coronation brooches to my small collection of brooches.
 Today I did a quick trip to he supermarket and could have ( but didn't ) use this nylon shopping bag. It folds up ready for use in the little bag that can be seen at the top of pic. A small portion of my foot can be seen (sorry about that) in bottom of pic.
 Today the post brought supplies so I can start the new Teresa Gil Queen of the World cross stitch. Still to come are the beads and some silver thread. The first stitch will be in today.
While waiting for my parcel to come I have been working hard on my Queen Victoria 200th birthday. Still lots to do but there is no law to prevent me working 2 samplers at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Her Majesty 👑 she will have a quiet but safe one. How nice that the new cross stitch arrived on her birthday 🎁. Queen Victoria is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love brooches of all types, your royal ones are special. Good luck with the samplers, will look forward to seeing them finished. Oh and Happy Birthday to Her Majesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is absolutely wild. I wonder if that dress was ever worn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can wear the dress at tea time and drink in honor of her majesty ! This will be the very first time in her life that she has a quiet birthday at home !! Never happened. I see you keep yourself busy ! This afternoon I will see the apartment life for the first time !

    ReplyDelete