Tuesday 2 June 2020

Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Anniversary

 2nd June 1953 the Queen was crowned. She is now 94 and this week was seen out riding her horse, a truly amazing woman. I have been working hard on my Teresa Gil 'Queen of the World' cross stitch and enjoying stitching it and thanks to Covid 19 lockdown I have had plenty of time.
 Teresa named her cross stitch after the book by Robert Hardman. I thought it might be hard to buy but then discovered my local library had it on the shelf. I will renew it as much as I can but think I will still buy a copy
 Then heard about a TV show of the same name in the U.K and wondered if it would ever be shown in Australia. Amazingly while deleting lots of my recorded shows I found I had already recorded it months ago. E II R is most definitely Queen of the World.
 Must not forget Prince Philip who will be 99 on the 10th June. Next year on his 100th birthday he will receive a telegram from the Queen. The small cross stitch of Philip I worked a few years ago and is a Sheena Rogers design.

6 comments:

  1. Our amazing Queen, I loved that photo of her on the horse. Looking forward to seeing your Queen of the World cross stitch. Nice work of Prince Philip, and he’s almost 99. Also amazing 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised but pleased to see the Queen on a horse. Surprised that 'minders' allowed it but pleased she still enjoys doing what she loves. I remember the coronation and still have model of a royal coach (coronation souvenir?) unfortunately horses are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew today was a special day :) My brother was in one of the parades for the coronation in London with his Scout troop. He was 13. It was a windy day and he lost his scout hat and some enterprising photographer got that picture and it was in the newspaper. We did have a copy of the pic but its gone missing sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right she is the only Queen in our world who has so much success and everbody knows her ! Ol' Philip is indestructible ! 100 years ! with all the Whisky he has consumed plus the girls ! But I think that was never mentioned in the English press.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was clearing out our house in Atlanta last month I came upon 3 tin boxes from the June 1953 Coronation of Queen Elizabeth – 2 large ones, yellow, and a small one, red. I had totally forgotten these boxes and pleased I was the one to discover them before my daughter put them in the pile to give away. I brought them back to Nashville. Years ago, while going to school in England I bought a little copper box, I think at the Bermondsey Antique Market in London. It was the copper box that Queen Victoria gave to veterans. That box, I had not lost track of.

    Also my cat, Mitsouko, is a Korat. She is grey like your cat, but slender with green eyes, and super mischievous.

    ReplyDelete