Monday 7 June 2021

Harry Meghan and Daughter

While the safe delivery of any baby is good news and good for Archie to have a sister as he can't play with his numerous cousins. If M&H want the Queen to be pleased about the baby's name a bit of research is needed. I was given this book a few years ago by my lovely niece Catherine and knew just where to put my hands on the right page.
So here is the proof, not a nickname from Prince Philip but a name the then Princess Elizabeth called herself when she couldn't pronounce Elizabeth.The name stuck throughout her childhood and here is the correct spelling
No it wasn't given to me for Xmas 1933, it was bought for me 2nd hand Thank you Catherine. X
And here is the cover, I won't lend it to you M&H but feel free to visit anytime and you can have a look.
 

3 comments:

  1. Well that’s good to know and sanctioned by The Queen’s parents verifies the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised at the baby's name. Her Majesty is too dignified to give an honest opinion in public. Harry get a divorce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, I had that book when I was a child - it had been my mum's. I haven't asked the Queen, but nowadays it's always spelt (in the media) Lilibet, and I dare say that Harry got it right. I imagine the book was wrong or maybe that the spelling hadn't been fixed when the book was written.

    ReplyDelete