Tuesday 24 May 2022

Off to London For The Jubilee






 I leave in a few days and arrive in London in time for the celebrations. The most important one is the Trooping of The Colour in the Mall. You can see I am ready with a small stool, a flag to wave and supplies including an emergency raincoat with hood to keep me alert while I wait a few hours for the parade to start. The small items next to the water bottle are chocolates, mustn't eat them yet.
Had hoped to finish this cross stitch but it will be waiting for me when I return.
This one is finished and on the wall. Sadly I can't sew on the flight or even knit. I have a good book to read and hope the movies on the flight are good. Both samplers are Teresa Gil designs.


4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures when you return. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! All ready to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee. A very exciting time. Congratulations to Her Majesty Elizabeth II. Enjoy your visit. The stitching looks good and will wait for your return. xo 😊🇬🇧

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I really thought you would come to London like you did for the wedding and we could meet each other ! I watched the whole weekend or I recorded if I didn't have time. It was just the weekend when Rick died and to watch the celebration did me good, especially little Louis who was so cute ! It was a terrible week but I appreciated very much the organization and the Queen ! She must have been terribly tired. Now I have to reorganize my life, I miss him so much. Are you OK ? I was so busy with the move, and then the one and a half year of Rick's decline. What a cruel decease !

    ReplyDelete