Sunday 10 March 2024

King Charles Coronation Cross Stitch and Catching Up

It's been awhile since my last post but I have been very busy with my Coronation stitching. Love this one of King Charles with his dog and paint brushs nearby. Lots of intense stitching here but well worth the effort. This was a kit from Bothy Threads one of three designed by Bothy for the Coronation.
Another of the 3 by Bothy shows the Cut Through Gold Coach with Charles and Camilla inside. Lots of back stitch here and I admit I gave up and moved on for awhile. I am an experienced cross stitcher but no expert and I am pleased with the result of these 2 Coronation samplers and pleased with myself for not giving up and finishing the stitching.
This chart is the third in the Bothy Threads Coronation cross stitch design. Haven't started this one yet but it does look a bit easier to stitch and only 3 colours.
Three beautiful jugs added to my collection. These jugs are from 1887 and made for Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. The jugs are in near perfect condition, wonder where they have been all these years. Now they are safe again in my collection.


I should stay away from Pinterest, I get too many ideas from them. Had everything in various cupboards to make the one in the larger case including the doileys, a recent purchase from Lifeline. So pleased with that I then bought a box and paint from Kmart and the doll from eBay to make another one. The Sydney Harbour Bridge Doiley is from my collection. I hope I've stopped at only 2 of these doll beds.
Still collecting embroidered aprons when I see a special one. A Shirley Temple apron bought at a very reasonable price at a collectors fair. I think this one is very special and rare?
 

3 comments:

  1. A lovely design of King Charles and dog, it looks beautifully stitched, great work. The 3 mugs of Queen Victoria are interesting, yes I wonder where they’ve been. The doll bed cases are very cute and well done for making them, I only admire things on Pinterest but never follow up with having a go. And hard to resist another lovely apron, with a young Shirley Temple.
    Nice to see another post 😃 Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely post. You are very talented. Favourite? No I can't pick one. The mystery of the jugs is intriguing, love the cross stitch, but then there are the gorgeous doll's beds, oh and the special apron. OK I want to pick one, so it is King Charles with dog because it is beautiful and so much work went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for addressing real-life issues with empathy and understanding.

    ReplyDelete