Friday 6 January 2012

Happy Diamond Jubilee Year

Speaking on my behalf Charlotte and Emily want to wish everyone A Very Happy Diamond Jubilee year and to say we are back in blogland.
Charlotte would also like to complain about Emily being a queue jumper as she was about to sleep on that chair.


You can see what an exciting christmas I had. Three male family members are asleep, a fourth is reading a book and yet another one not pictured is asleep on a bed. I think I am with my daughter in the kitchen.


The bookworm reading is suffering from an inherited family trait which means he can never go anywhere without a book and will read any chance he gets.


I did receive some very nice gifts which I will show later.


Some of my christmas reading from the library, four autobiographies and two fiction. All very good though 'Harbour' was a bit strange. 'The Exotic Rissole' is about a family from Bangladesh and their schoolboy son who is longing for the bland Aussie food his schoolmates have, not his mother's spicey cooking. He did grow up to be a doctor so he didn't suffer too much.



Remember that dolls' house I bought at the op shop two years ago??



Still a work in progress and it's taken me a long time to get this far but I think it is starting to look good. I divided the attic and now I will be able to have a sewing room on the left and a nursery on the right.



And last I will show my very brave patient who endured a nine hour operation on his face and 33 sessions of radiotherapy and is slowly recovering and having a New Year walk on the local beach.
His face is forever scarred and changed. His back too has a huge scarr from the same condition years ago. He is paying the price for a misspent youth playing tennis and going to the beach.


This pic was taken at 8.30 in the morning as he must stay out of the sun as it was most likely the culprit for his problems.


I have a message for any young people reading this blog (unlikely I know) Stay out of the sun, it is not always your friend. As the latest TV add says, You Know What to Do So Do It. Which means Cover Up.

My next post will have to be back to my stitching and Royals as I have lots of new stuff to show and tell.

10 comments:

  1. So good to see you back again. All the best to your brave patient.

    The dolls' house looks fantastic.

    Happy New Year to you, 'the girls' and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back sweet friend! And Charlotte and Emily look healthy and happy! Oh that sun can indeed do nasty nasty things to us. Thankfully, I have never been a 'sun worshiper' and stay quite pale throughout the summer.

    Wishing you well and all the best for 2012 and I look forward to seeing more of you again!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see you back and I'm looking forward to all of your news about your stitching and of course The Royals. Your doll house is looking spiffy. You have done so much work on it. Lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice you're back, Sylvia !
    Charlotte and Emily, as always, are so cute !
    Sorry to hear about your patient, hope he's recovering soon ...
    Wish you and your family all the best for 2012 !
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m so glad you´re back in blogland!!! Nice to see Charlotte and Emily cute and healthy!

    I´m sorry to read about what happens. Wish the brave patient all the best!!!

    Love the dollhouse! It is great! I know how much work it is to renew a dollhouse.

    I am a bookworm too and I never go out without a book ...

    ♥ Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Sylvia!
    Hope you're up to the big year ahead after all your caring.
    The dolls house looks superb. And aren't your girls amazing, and look like they have just come out of the beauty salon.
    All the best to you and "your patient" for 2012.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and Happy 2012 to all of you. Lovely to see you back at your blog. Great to see your patient out for a walk again after such a big ordeal. Hope he continues to recover so well.

    This will be a big year for you and I am looking forward to all that you will be showing and telling.

    And perhaps you could ask Emily and Charlotte to behave nicely as you will be too busy stitching to sort out any differences they may have.

    Have a great week.
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you too Sylvia, great to see you active on your blog again. Emily and Charlotte don't appear to have gained weight over the silly season; sensible pussies!
    The dolls house renovation is fabulous! Now I know who to turn to for advice if ever an old one turns up in our opshop ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you're back, Sylvia. Looking forward to seeing your new finds! Cheers, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy to see you in blogworld again ! That means the worst is over ! How wonderful !
    Sleepy men at Christmas are normal. My Christmas in Amsterdam was rather boring, despite little Toby who was busy with his teeth.
    Your doll house looks wonderful ! I must have mine still in the attic ! Must be 66 years old !

    ReplyDelete