Tuesday 3 November 2020

The Queen and Andy Warhol Cross Stitch

My next cross stitch project is from my  Andy Warhol book The Queen in Art and Image. I have the book and a dress made from Andy Warhol fabric and and now I can do the cross stitch.
This will be a large project but it doesn't look too difficult. I found the chart on Etsy and it is from Boston Needle Works in America. The first stitches are in.
I finished my Queen Victoria before I started on Andy W. and am pleased with the result. Another lovely Teresa Gil design.
No I didn't make this one I found her on Etsy. The Queen came from Little Dolly Mixtures in the U.K,had to have her of course. I did add the ruby and diamond brooch to her coat. Hope HRH doesn't notice the rubies and diamonds aren't real.
Big Ted has new clothes at last and is indulging her feminine side. She is wearing a button through top with matching shorts, perfect for the hot days ahead. Although different fabrics the design on B.Ted and Pr. Elizabeth doll are the same. They could almost pass for twins now. (almost) Both outfits came from Big W and Big Ted is wearing a toddler size 2. 
 

2 comments:

  1. The Andy Warhol looks good. Good luck with it, hope it’s enjoyable to stitch. The new crochet Queen is lovely and she has a nice outfit with added sparkle. And Big Ted will feel part of the gang with the matching shorts and top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Big Ted likes his/her new outfit and being a rather hairy twin. Love little queen. Brooch looks real enough to me. Queen Victoria looks fantastic. Good luck with the next big project.

    ReplyDelete