Monday 14 November 2022

King Charles III celebrates His 74th Birthday Today

Happy Birthday to King Charles III. 74 today 14th November. Above is a lovely embroidered sampler stitched (not by me) to celebrate his birth in 1948.
A large Toby Jug made by Royal Doulton in 2008 to celebrate the 60th birthday of the then Prince Charles.
A very young Charles on a Royal Albert plate and a mug to celebrate to celebrate the Investiture of Charles becoming Prince of Wales in 1969.
King Charles and Queen Camilla at the time of their wedding in 2005 pictured on a very nice bag.

Most of my souvenirs of Charles include Diana, I think I have done well to find a few very nice ones of Charles and Camilla.
 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday King Charles 👑 I like the mug with the young Prince of Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still getting used to having a King. Happy Birthday. My favourite is the bag with very happy Charles and Camilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed all the tv coverage of Charles being declared King, and am looking forward to the coronation. Ken (my husband) died last month. We had a bagpiper play Amazing Grace at the funeral. He loved the pipes and drums...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have believed that Camilla will be Queen one day ?? It's a long time I haven't heard from you and a lot of things have happened in my life. My husband died end March and I feel like a plant who has lost it's support. And while my son emptied the room in the retirement home (he had Parkinson/Alzeimer) I watched the Queen's Jubilee and the little Prince Louis cheered me up. When the Queen passed away I was in England in Eastbourne at the sea to feel better and handle my grief. That afternoon it rained and I stayed in my room watching the whole afternoon the BBC until at 6 pm her death was officially announced. Now so many things have changed in the royal family, I think Charles will be a good King and the Queen was right to allow Camilla to become Queen consort. They all were victims of old rules. He seems to need Camilla who seems to be the woman he needed. A part from that I am still a fan of Diana. I hope you are well ! I interrupted blogging for a few month because I couldn't write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not anonymous I am Gattina

    ReplyDelete