Tuesday 29 May 2012

Diamond Jubilee Trip Update

 I leave for London and the Jubilee on Thursday. Here we are doing a stocktake to make sure there is enough food and cat litter. I will be away less than 2 weeks so I think the girls will be ok. Charlotte is doing a taste test and Emily is posing next to the cat litter because she thinks that's her photo on the bag. Mr Linens can't be trusted to buy the right brand but he can be trusted to look after my girls.
 Received a lovely Happy Trip card from Daughter S and look I didn't miss the Coronation after all. Clever girl has me standing right in the middle of the parade. I don't know how she did that, the photo is me at the time of the Coronation. I thought I was 12,000 miles away but I think I remember being there, well I must have been, photos don't lie. Hope I get such a good spot to watch the Jubilee parade.
A Diamond Jubilee ring!!! Yes, browsing in my local Westfield today and saw this 'diamond' ring in a window. Set in silver if you look close you can see the diamond is in a crown setting. Really it's a zircon but I'm easily impressed. There is a matching necklace and earrings but I only bought the ring. If I'm not careful my souvenir budget will be spent before I get to London. I don't think I'll wear it to London, don't want to be mugged or knock someones eye out while I'm waving and cheering.
On the left is the Coronation cushion that dissapeared from a previous post. Now I have a GeorgeVI Coronation cushion to go with it. The 1937 cushion is unusual because it is machine embroidered and the fabric is very faded.
Next post I hope to have interesting Jubilee souvenirs to show. I am not looking forward to the long flight and hours of travel but must suffer for my enthusiasms.

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip. Good luck with getting a front row spot "again".

    Looks like the girls will be ok while you are away. Emily as an exotic life as a model!

    Love the ring. Hope you get all the souvenirs you want in London.

    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card from your daughter and you are so cute as little girl ! I went with my grandma to the cinema for the first time in my life and saw the coronation too ! I must have been 10 or so !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! I already have my DVR programmed to tape all the shows on BBC America and CNN so I don't miss a minute of the Jubilee. It starts tonight with a new interview with William and Harry talking with ABC's Katie Couric about their Grandmother. I'll be stitching the final building on my Bothy Threads Jubilee kit (which I'm sure you've finished by now) as I'm watching. I'm excited for you and can't wait to read your blogs when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily does look like the kitty on the bag - cute! I am sure the long trip will be worth it. Have fun!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have lots of fun and wave to the Queen for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOMORROW!!! Have a safe trip, a wonderful time, and don't bust your budget!
    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful trip. Hope you see everything you want to and buy lots of souvenirs to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip and a great time!!!

    How fun is the photo which your daughter made from the coronation.

    I´m wondering that you nearly have the same catfood like we have!

    ReplyDelete