Sunday 11 November 2012

Trouble and Drama in my Blogland Paradise

On Wednesday afternoon I tripped on the handles of my new cat bag which was on the floor. I fell heavily on the tiles and shattered my left elbow. I arrived home last night after time spent in emergency, then surgery. My elbow has been screwed back in place and I now have a sort of half plaster cast and tight bandages and am not in too much pain now. Emily is giving what comfort she can -please don't dribble on me Emily, Charlotte came along later to give more comfort.
This is the culprit bag! though I know it was my fault for leaving it on the floor. For 6 weeks I will be in plaster and unabe to drive and everything else is going to be a nuisance to do but on the bright side I didn't break a hip or leg.
Emergency ward was full of young men with sports injuries or who had fallen off  a motorbike.I was the silly granny who had fallen over her cat bag so it did get a bit of a laugh. So when you have finished laughing send me lots of sympathy please.

15 comments:

  1. I can sympathize. I broke my shoulder 7 weeks ago. So far no surgery and trouble driving for a while. Doing better now. Have have some MAJOR pain. This, too, will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sending tons of purrs and headbutts to you. Our human has almost the same cat bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of sympathy. I do hope Charlotte and Emily recognise your injured status and allow you more room in your bed; or at least read to you and make cups of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Sylvia, I am so sorry to read about your fall and injuries. Six weeks of not driving - sheer misery...Take care of yourself, enjoy the enforced rest as much as you are able, and GET BETTER
    Hugs,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you poor girl! I hope you are OK. I'm sure the kitties are taking good care of you. Stay safe!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear:( How painful. I hope it heals quickly for you and you're out and about again. You do have some lovely nurses to look after you though:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, hugs and buckets of sympathy to you mum. Does this mean that the clutch purse will be your new style of bag now? Hope Charlotte and Emily are being kind to you and giving you lots of purrs and fluffy hugs. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your elbow. I hope you are pain-free and making everyone wait upon you. I can see that you still have your sense of humor intact, thank goodness. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about this, Sylvia, hope your elbow will be better soon ...
    Take care,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Sylvia ! I admit I had to laugh it's just such a stupid accident, but what a nuisance ! Hopefully you have somebody to drive you around being stuck in the house is terrible ! At least your arm is kept warm by Charlotte and Emily hope they are not too heavy when they sit on it ! BTW the culprit bag is real nice, I would like to have one too ! Not to stumble over of course. One thing is positive ! I suppose you can't cook ??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, that is a cat-tastrophy! If you could have fallen on the bag it might have softened the blow. I hope your fluffy kitty will be a comfort while you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Mom says she is so sorry to hear about your Mom's accident! She finally got over her broken shoulder, but her spine still hurts. (She falls over brick piles!?!) We hope you are getting some physical therapy. Big hugs, from
    Mandu and his Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blasted spam. Those morons sneak their rubbish in when you're not looking...Dear Sylvia, it has been so long since you posted, I'm concerned for you. Even just a little post to let your followers know if you are okay (or not?). Hope your Christmas has been organised for you by your loving family :-)
    Hugs
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete