Sunday 27 June 2010

Another Great Love Affair

I'm ashamed to say I've neglected to mention another great love in my life and that's my little car. We've been together for eleven years and could not survive without each other. We've had lots of adventures together, visited markets, op shops and antique fairs and my little car willingly holds all my bargains no matter how large or small. Friends sometimes have to squeeze into the back seat but they manage. The back seats can fold down so even furniture can be carried home and armloads of library books and bags of cat litter are no trouble at all. Yes I'm going to wash you tomorrow my sweet little Starlet. (maybe) Today car and I visited a new market starting nearby, no bargains to be had as it was mostly craft and food and I prefer trash and treasure markets, but a perfect setting for a small market.

The poodle is not wearing a coat, It's fur has been dyed pink and purple, I'm not a fan of animals having their fur dyed but I don't know what type of dye is used and they did look cute. They were not for sale, just there helping their owner who had a pet supply stall at the market.
I have not given in yet and bought Emily a cat water fountain (they cost $80 and what if she still preferred the laundry tub) so she has to make do with the laundry tub with the tap just dripping a bit. There are three water dishes on the floor but they are not good enough.


I made the mistake here of opening a wardrobe door to look for something and Charlotte immediatley leapt to the top shelf via my back and shoulder as she does on occasion when Im silly enough to open a cupboard door when she is nearby. I had to get a ladder to get her down-and no Charlotte I don't want the christmas paper yet, still six months to Christmas.

Sorry I'm not very tall Charlotte or you might be able to make it to those very top cupboards I'm sure you have not explored yet.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but that poodle is just not natural. If I got hold of it, I would put it out of its pinky purpley misery. By restoring it to its original colour, I hasten to add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Charlotte would like to hibernate until Christmas so she avoids the cold weather.

    What lovely adventures you have with your car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that as soon as you wash your car it's going to start raining don't you? And I agree...I'm not keen on the idea of pets having their fur dyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nor am I (keen on the idea of dying animals' fur). But I understand your love affair with your car. I have a Barina, and before that I had another Barina. Hubby says they are zippy little cars, but he's 6' tall and doesn't like long journeys in my car, so if we go somewhere together it is in his Commodore (which I have never driven). But my friends love my little car and we have lots of fun filling up the back of it with our big and small finds at markets and opshops!
    You get some cute shots of your kitties! Cats are so WEIRD with their drinking ways...Topsy has fresh water in her bowl all the time, but what does she do? Jumps into the bath and licks up the soapy leftovers - ugh..

    ReplyDelete