Thursday 1 July 2010

A Birthday and an Anniversary


Today would have been Princess Diana's 49th birthday and above is a lovely portrait of Diana made of Nottingham lace. I bought the lace in London and mounted it on a purple background but I don't think my photo shows just how pretty the lace is.


Today is also the 41st anniversary of the Investiture of Prince Charles as Prince of Wales at Caernarvon Castle in 1969. The half apron above is a souvenir of that day.




A child's hanky (unused!!) from the day.


And a mug I found recently at a bargain price in an op. shop. I only have a total of 5 souvenirs from the Investiture, another mug and a childs apron shown on a previuos post.



Here is a picture of my very own little prince, my son sitting in the very chair that Charles sat in at Caernarvon Castle in Wales for the Investiture. The pic. was taken a few years after Charles had been there and it's quite possible I dragged a few small children away and sat my own son in the chair.
I think those other tourists (not known to me) might be glaring at him.




We've had a few very cold mornings here and Charlotte and Emily got out of my (our) bed a bit too soon so they've had to sit by the heater and wait for the sun to warm up my litte sun room. Won't be long now girls...






1 comment:

  1. I don't think Charlotte and Emily could get any closer to that heater without melting!

    Surprising to find a royal souvenir bargain at an op shop. And nice that you have your own prince.

    ReplyDelete